Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bye Chicago! See you later!

Yesterday was a sad, sad day. It was the last day I got to spend with my hostess Dana. This weekend we first got out of Sussex and got into Chicago where we met up with one of Dana's friends. We went to the Best of Second City comedy show after having spent a few hours gawking at organic food at Whole Foods. Would you imagine? I found Kombucha at Whole Foods! That's like... really rare nowadays! The comedy show was really entertaining. It was a mixture of improv and skits and the comedians were very relaxed and funny. They lured a lot of laughs out of us.

The day after Dana and I went out to have a celebration of my last day in Chicago. Even though it felt a bit like celebrating a loved one's death. The whole evening went between laughing and looking at each other with pouting lower lips and going "mmf..."

We kicked it off by an all we could eat Flat Top Grill. You pick your veggies, beans, fruits, rice, noodles and then you pick out your meat (fish, calamari, beef, chicken, etc), drown it in sauce and a chef will fry it for you.
My beautiful hostess holding her drink at Flat Top

After that Dana and I walked though the cold and windy night to the John Hancock Tower and had a couple of drinks together while marvelling at the city night scape spreading out in all directions underneath. The tower is one of the largest ones in Chicago, and even though the air wasn't completely clear, you could see for miles upon miles.
Isn't the view to die for?
Today however was the day when I had to leave Dana. We were both really brave and neither one of us cried at the airport. Even though it was very close. You might understand that our relationship is not only hostess and hosted any more. I guess that was quite clear when I ended up staying in Sussex for 6-7 weeks perhaps though. More about that at another time and another place. Now it is time to get to bed, because I have 18 hours of flight ahead of me tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment