Sunday, February 10, 2013

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

I'm still in Wisconsin, big surprise. Hanging out with Dana and just taking it nice and slow. Watching good movies and scary documentaries. I've heard concern about me not posting for  a while so I'll make a lil' post now.

Contrary to popular belief I'm not being held hostage. And some people (you know who you are) are concerned I am not doing touristy things. Stop that silly nonsense. Don't you think that after having been travelling and going hither and dither though first Europe and then the United States, I deserve to get a bit of rest? I sure do!

Even if the situation here is not the best for my hostess, with family problems and such, I am doing very well. Everyone is very friendly and it is always wake my hostess up with  cup of coffee brewn to Swedish Standards (tm) and see her face light up. Even if her eyes stay closed for the better part of an hour or so due to her being a late sleeper and it taking a while for the caffine to grab a hold of her.

So, what have I been doing? I've helped keep my hostess happy, since she's going though a hard time. Last week we went into town and saw a play called "The Clock Maker". The actors were rally good, but the play in itself was a bit so-so. It wasn't all that involving and the plot was quite predictable. I sort of like and dislike the stage at the same time. The stage comes really close to the audience, and at points I was so close to the actors I could reach out and touch them if I would have wanted to. So for better and worse it was very intimate.

Yesterday I went to an all catholic Fish Fry with my hostess, her mother and her mother's friends. The friends of my hostess' mother are really awesome. I especially like one lady who is the real sort of "no nonsense" and very tongue in cheek teasing sort of person. I think she just about entered retirement and then thought "Model trains, that sounds like fun!". So she went to a store for train models and started browsing, then two young guys started talking to her and gave her all sorts of hints and ideas. So now she have started converting her ping-pong table into a landscape with the help of Styrofoam.

But mostly it have been about sleeping in and snuggling up under a blanket while watching movies and having a glass of wine. So I'm very content.

I have also been to all sorts of food places, eating out a whole lot and learned a lot about American food. Bigger is better, and the drinks are always free and just keeps on coming.

I should perhaps make a few observational posts, but truth be told, I've been so busy just socializing with Dana, that I've not had the time. And honestly, most post would be about the differences between Sweden and the US, which in the long run would probably seem like me being ungrateful, which I am not. I really like the differences, it makes it so very fun and real.

No comments:

Post a Comment