Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Deep dish pizza


I'm really enjoying it up here in the northern states. I'm currently residing in Dana's mother's house with Dana, trying my best to be moral support and a stand up person in helping Dana move her mother to a home for the elderly. They are both such sweet persons to be honest. And I think that Dana's mother have really taken a shine to me.


Dana and I spent two days in Chicago in her condo, which is currently occupied by her uncle, the uncle's boyfriend and the most adorable little 2 year old boy. The first day I went out with Dana to City Winery and had my first glass ever of wine from a big ol' barrel. Really tasty too, a Argentina Malbec from 2012. At the Winery the Swedish artist Theresa Andersson was playing, and as the show was over Dawr na wanted to buy a couple of her albums for both herself and her other uncle. And of course Dana pulled attention to that I was Swedish so for a confusing star struck moment I was talking swenglish and generally being a fool. I slept rally well that night though, despite the fact that Dana and I had to share bed since her uncle was occupying her bedroom. Or perhaps because of it?

The second day we went to a Swedish Resturant called Tre Kronor and had a nice meal and then went to see a Swedish shop right next to it where I educated Dana in the wonders that is Astrid Lindgren and Sven Nordqvist. That evening we had some Deep Dish Pizza, Chicago Style and was going to go see a comedy show, but as Dana was feeling a bit under the weather we decided to postpone that.

Now we're back in Milwaukee, and time is passing by nice and slow. If I would ever move to the states, the Chicago area would absolutely be where I settled down.

No comments:

Post a Comment