Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel

I just about got home after a whole day outing with one of my dear hostesses, Kristina, after a day out in West Palm Beach. We had an amazing time at the Palm Beach Zoo where we got to see tons of interesting (and at points perhaps less interesting) animals.


This zoo was fun in the way that it felt more like an adventure park. The Americans are amazing with building areas and arenas where it looks like you are in another part of the world. The key word being that it looks like it, until you think about it. For instance, the swamp part with the alligators had palm trees in them. Meanwhile there are palm trees in the cities of Florida, they are in no way native to the Floridian flora. I'm not saying it is bad in any way. I actually like it how it feels a bit staged. Adds a certain charm. I'm not being sarcastic, damn you! I'm being honest here!

After the wonderful park we met up with two of Kris' and Carla's friends at a seafood place in Jupiter (in, not on, mind you). The restaurant was a Bubba Gump's. You know, like from the Forest Gump movie? Despite me not being a huge fan of the movie (I like, it, but I know a few who worship that movie like religion. I just can't get that into it) I must confess I really loved the food there. And their BBQ and sour-cream sauces are to die for. So, in a way, life really is like a box of chocolates. Speaking of chocolates; I finally got to have my Key Lime Pie! It was just as tasty as I remembered it. I will have to remember to om nom nom different sorts of cheese cakes as I travel north in the states. I feel a little bit like Agent Cooper, but for cheese cakes rather than cherry pies.

No comments:

Post a Comment