Sunday, December 9, 2012

A new challenger has arrived!

I just left Nadine's humble abode and set out on the road again. This time I was headed to Rotterdam. That's right, Rotterdam! I had some extra time on my hands since the woman I was going to go to London with have been unavailable for confirmation for too long and time is running out. Also, a listener to my net-radio wanted to meet up, which is the main reason why I settled for some time in Rotterdam.

I had tons of fun with Nadine, she made me DJ with her for a DJ session, as well as perhaps even for a radio if they want to broadcast it. The guys on the radio really wants to broadcast my music at least and that sounds just awesome!

Not only did I get to taste Nadine's awesome home cooking, but I made her some of my own. I made a really close approximation of the Swedish dish "Sausage Stroganov". I didn't find any suitable sausages, since it is very special sausage which is needed. But we settled for some German meat sausage, which in the end was mostly just ground beef inside insistence. So that taste wasn't perfect. Would have been better with hotdogs, but there were no hotdogs other than chicken ones wherever we looked.

We had a few other fish snacks too. One which was deep fried... fish. Another which was raw herring dipped in onions. Maatjes haring. That fish made my stomach really gassy and bloated. So, no. Not my kind of dish.

Now I have arrived at Rotterdam and I'm in my first ever hostel in my life. Yay me! The hostel is called "Hostel ROOM" and my room is "Art collection boom". The hostess who greeted me was both cute and friendly, and as I write this from the dorm room, a live band is playing loud music downstairs.


No comments:

Post a Comment