Friday, December 7, 2012

All set in Kerkrade!

I just arrived to Kerkrade and met up with a new internet friend of mine from Second Life. Currently her name is Tim, but soon enough she'll transform herself to Nadine. She have already started with the initial steps of becoming whom she was since birth. An adventure I'm truly amazed by her bravery for!

Today she introduced me to some really nice home cooking. A stew of sorts with horse meat, potatoes and read cabbage. I can imagine this being something my father would like. Since it tastes a bit like the liver stew he use to make, and since he likes red cabbage.
 As a snack we later had rolmops, which is a pickle and onions rolled into a herring! I never ate fish as a snack before, but it works really well. Tomorrow she'll show me even stranger fish snacks.
We also had some "bitterballen" which is basically is animal stew which have been deep fried into tiny balls. Tastes really good and makes for an awesome snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment